Salesforce launched new certifications over the last few days and Marketing Cloud Developer is one of them. This brand new Marketing Cloud Developer certification gave me a good opportunity to test my knowledge and dig in-depth into AMPScript, APIs and the implementation best practices.
Marketing Cloud Developer Certification is designed for Marketing Cloud developers who have hands-on experience developing: dynamic, personalized marketing assets such as emails, landing pages, and forms, leveraging HTML, CSS, and AMPscript, SQL and Marketing Cloud APIs. Based on my experience, I would say the complexity of the exam is intermediate with straight forward questions, hardly any scenario based. Almost all the questions are ‘radio button’ / ‘2 answer’ options. Exam has 60 multi select questions/105 minutes with a passing score of 63% and Marketing Cloud Email Specialist certification as a prerequisite.
Exam Outline : Exam Guide
- Data Modeling: 14%
- Programmatic Languages: 35%
- API: 22%
- Data Management: 22%
- Security: 7%
- Detailed study guide is available on trailhead
- Marketing Cloud Developer Center has a great content with examples
- Trailhead: Develop for Marketing Cloud
- SSJS : syntax, functions, how it communicates with AMPScript and benefits of wrapping AMPScript in SSJS
- AMPScript Syntax, Functions, Order of Operations, Impression Region, Personalization Strings. Know how to write effective and optimized scripts.
- Ampscript guide by Eliot Harper and Adam Spriggs
- Tracking in Email Studio
- Send Logs and their best practices
- SQL and optimized queries. Focus more on the syntax.
- Data Views : Bounce, Open, Clicks, Sent, Job, Subscribers, etc.,
- Marketing Cloud APIs
- Understanding and Exploiting Data Flow
- Getting Started with Marketing Cloud API Integrations
- Marketing Cloud Transactional Sending
- Creating Personalized Content with AMPscript
- Blog by Jeremy.
Hope this helps and wish you the best for your certification.